About Copyright & IP- CISAC
- The International Confederation of Society of Authors and Composers (CISAC), a body established in 1926, represents 4 million creatives of 239 Copyright
Societies from around the world. With it present in 129 countries worldwide, it holds 37 Copy Right Societies from 31 countries in Africa.
2. CISAC is in charge of following up and advocacy for the creatives and the creative industry.
3. CISAC oversees the implementation of Copyright laws and Royalties collection through Copyright Societies.
4. CISAC coordinates Copyright Societies (present in various countries), and these are in charge of tracking and collecting these Royalties, and distributing it to the owners of the content (Artists).
5. Africa currently holds 37 Copy Right Societies, present in 31 countries, and these constitute of close to 1 Million
–Information by Samuel Sangwa, CISAC’s Regional Director for